It’s that hectic time of year again! How can your CRM help you with holiday prep? Here is a step-by-step guide that takes you from creating your holiday card list to printing envelopes or labels.
Step 1: Create a Named Search to Identify Your List
- Within the Contacts tab, click Advanced Search. The Contacts center will open. Click Maintain Named Searches.
- The Named Search screen opens. Find the Contact Type field name in the list of fields on the left hand side of the screen.
- Double-click Contact Type so that the field appear on the grey area of the screen.
- Double click on that entry to set the parameters around the Contact Type. Select the Value from the drop-down list. IN the example below, we selected to include “Clients: Active Major Accounts.”
- If you would like to include more than one Contact Type, change the Link Search Criteria to “OR” and repeat steps 2-4. In the example below, we have now included “Clients: Active Major Accounts” OR “Clients: Active Regular Accounts”.
- When you are done adding Contact Types to your search criteria, click the Save You will be prompted to give your new Named Search a name. Type in the name and click OK.
- Close the Named Search screen. Your new Named Search will now appear in all Contact Named Search drop-downs throughout Results.
Step 2: Create the Labels
After building the Named Search, you have two choices for printing your labels. You can either use the built-in label reports in Results or export the Named Search to Excel and use the Excel Mail Merge feature.
To Export your list to Excel:
- Open the Contacts Center by clicking the Manage icon on the Contacts tab.
- On the Advanced Search tab, select your Named Search from the drop-down list and click Apply.
- The Contacts meeting your search criteria will appear within the Contact center.
- Click the Export to Excel button within the Contact Center. You are now ready to use Excel Mail Merge for your envelopes or labels.